Emotional abuses includes
- Intimidating or threatening you. Being aggressive towards, threatening to hurt you, shouting. Bullying you and making you feel helpless.
- Criticising you, name calling, accusing or blaming you. Insulting or humiliating you.
- Telling lies about you or making things up about you. Telling lies up about friends or family.
- Making you feel to blame, to feel guilty, blackmailing you to do something or they will harm themselves or someone else.
- Making you feel undervalued, by dismissing your opinion, making others be abusive to you. Telling you it’s in your head, your overreacting or sensitive. Being abusive one minute then overly affectionate the next.
- Controlling you, telling what to wear, where to go, how to act.